Reasons why Sir Christopher Lee is just plain cool.
1. Nearly a century of life and he shows no signs of even slowing down. (There must be something in the surname… Stan Lee is the same.)
2. He knows the meaning of commitment. Fifty years with his one and only wife! (Did sow plenty of wild oats in his younger years, but happened to meet the right woman as he was getting tired of it.)
3. He is related by marriage to Ian Fleming.
No coincidence that he was a Bond villain.
4. He joined the intelligence services during WWII, where it’s hinted he did some very badass things to some Nazis. (He indicated once that he knew the exact sound a man makes when stabbed in the back.)
5. He is the only one of the LOTR cast to have met J.R.R. Tolkien.
6. He is a loyal and steadfast friend. He was a mainstay to
Peter Cushing during the latter’s grief over his wife’s death.
He still misses his old chum deeply.
7. He is a Warner Brothers cartoon fan (something he shared with
Peter Cushing) and can apparently do a spot-on Yosemite Sam.
8. He was the narrator in a studio cast
recording of The Rocky Horror Show.
9. He is a classically trained singer and has recorded everything
from opera to Broadway to heavy metal (no, I am not kidding).
10. Related to that, he likes to head bang to keep
his neck muscles from growing stiff.
11. He was on the cover of Paul McCartney
and Wings’ Band On The Run album.
12. He plays a good golf game, too!
13. Is descended from Charlemagne.
14. As a child, met the killers of Rasputin personally when they stopped by his mother’s house. (He kept this in mind when playing Rasputin).
15. He evokes all imagination of gothic horror in your mind when see him.
16. He has the most onscreen swordfights of any other living or dead actor in the history of movies. I am guessing that record will be his for eternity.
17. He is Dracula
18. He is Saruman
19. His full name is Sir Christopher Frank Carandini Lee, CBE, CStJ.
20. He has the right to bear the coat of arms of the
Holy Roman Empire by the Emperor Frederick Barbarossa.
21. He fought for Finland in the Winter War against Russia in 1939.
22. He’s an inspiration to us all.
23. Also he’s very tall.
24. He rereads “Lord of the Rings” every year!
25. Despite all the points mentioned, he is really modest.
Not to mention his INCREDIBLE voice.
(via la-z-boy500)Source: gregxb